Are you moving in with your significant other? You must be eager to make your home a perfect family nest and a unique getaway from the everyday hustle and bustle. Well, you are about to undertake a large styling project. And, of course, we cannot find a better start than the choice of colors. That's why we are here. Look at our selection of perfect color pallets for couples' homes, and decide what suits you the best.
The art of colors
There is nothing that can give a personality to a home more than the colors you choose. What's more, they are the first step in defining one's home style. Before you start thinking about furnishing, home decor, and all those little things that make space feel like home, you need to decide upon the color palette.
It is an art to choose the right color combination for your home. You are about to take the ones that will best suit your personality and lifestyle from so many different nuances. Still, before you start, you need to have a basic knowledge of the types of colors you can choose from and the color combinations that go well together.
Although many would recommend focusing on the wall colors first, we have a different idea. The best thing you can do is to think about the color of your furniture first. Dark-colored furnishing elements go super well with light to almost white walls, creating a good and powerful contrast. On the other hand, powerful walls, combined with more neutral furnishing elements, also leave an impression of a kind.
It's your choice only
Moving into your new home is a chance to make it suits you perfectly well. Thus, first, pick the colors that you are fond of. Then, go towards making combinations of their darker and lighter shades for different parts of your home. Use the color wheel to help you make the perfect color matches. And always keep in mind that hallways and landings should remain neutral in color. If you consider hiring a professional designer, try to take part in their decisions and choices, too.
And since we are talking about professionals and relocation matters, when it comes to hiring movers for residential moving in Orlando, we promise you'll quickly find expert help for this too. You won't have to worry if you leave your move to them.
The perfect color pallets for couples' homes
- If you want your new family home to look chic, the black-and-white combination is unbeatable. No matter whether you will achieve that through furniture or accessories, white walls with black details will always look elegant.
- Another very stylish color scheme is navy in combination with white. If carefully designed, through both walls and decorative elements, navy is likely to seem modern and sleek. On the other hand, this scheme works well for couples who want to implement a coastal theme into their new home.
- Minimalism is the ever-popular style for home decor and interior design. In the world of colors, there is no better minimalist combination than green, white, and grey. The unique sense of peacefulness is what most young couples seek from their homes. And a hint of blue-gray and striking washed-out green, surrounded by the white and creamy walls, create an interior that exudes calmness. What's more, if you seek a vintage, timeless style, this combination is irreplaceable.
Warming up the atmosphere
If you would like to add some life and energy to your home, the best way to do that is the splash of warm colors.
- White walls lighten up the room and make it look bigger. Still, it can sometimes feel like some life is missing in all that whiteness. By using warm nuances, you can change that for good. Burnt orange and brown shades go perfectly well with the neutral tones of white or tan. Adding a little pink will make the space look happier and more romantic. This choice of colors works well in living rooms, but it can also be an exciting combination for your bedroom.
- You may have never thought about painting your walls in peach hues. Still, you would be surprised by its effect when combined with ten shades. It brightens the atmosphere and makes the room look more vivid. And the best thing is, although peach walls can seem catchy, they will never be overwhelming.
- Another effective way to warm your interior is to choose some wood tones for your furniture. Wood goes well with white or beige. It prevents them from giving the impression of cold and dullness. Light wood nuances brighten the room, while darker ones work for a more grounded feel.
Alt text: Bed and wooden bedside tables. Don't skip wooden nuances if you are looking for the perfect color pallets for couples’ homes.
Caption: Your bedroom should be cozy and bright.
Finally, if, apart from all of this, you still think you need something else to cheer up the interior, you can introduce some more color to your home with different decorating ideas.
And now for something completely different
Finally, here is something from the perfect color pallets for couples' homes that will work best for the bold ones. It is pretty brave to cope with implementing primary colors in your interior. Still, the outcome can be fantastic if you do that carefully and plan. Using red, yellow, and blue, in terms of furniture and small decorating elements, is a unique choice for a living room. However, this should be your choice only if your walls and floor stay in the same and particularly neutral nuances. If not, colors can quickly predominate and make the whole impression seem rather kitsch.
Now that you have learned something new about perfect color pallets for couples' homes, it's time to make your creation. We hope our ideas can be helpful. Let your new beginning be the perfect one.
Want to decorate your home in a modern yet romantic way? Here are some of the best color pallets for couples’ homes.